For Pure Silver Jewelry:
- Please store the 92.5 Sterling Silver jewelry in ziplock air tight pouches to avoid moisture when not worn.
- On regular use, pure silver jewelry gets shinier in contact with moisture for most skin types.
- On oxidation of pure silver pieces, toothpaste powder/lemon juice can be used to get rid of the tarnished portions.
- 92.5 Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper to harden the extremely soft silver metal. This is the jewelry with the highest content of silver in it. Please check for ‘92.5’ mark on the pieces for silver authenticity. Chemical test for silver can also be done later on to check for silver purity.
For non-Silver Jewelry:
- Most of our non-silver jewelry are made of the German silver alloy, which get tarnished on regular use and in contact with water. The time taken for the pieces to get oxidized depends completely on the user’s skin type and usage.
- Please store the non silver German silver jewelry in ziplock air tight pouches to avoid moisture when not worn.
- For immediate removal of tarnished portions, lemon juice/toothpaste powder can be used for bringing back temporary shine of the pieces.
- Dokra pieces are made entirely of brass and preferably they should be kept in low humidity places, but most of the times it is not possible to do so and these pieces get tarnished.
The almost original shine of Dokra pieces can be brought back by using Brasso or tamarind directly on the brass surface.
Our MYRA'd Friends